This is Sammy Wags’ favorite time of year! Each season, the Buffalo Bisons invite fans to bring their dogs to Dog Day at Coca-Cola Field to catch a Sunday afternoon game. This awesome event which takes place tomorrow (6/26) at 1 p.m., includes free dog admission and a pre-game dog parade around the warning track.
If you’re heading out to the to the ole’ ball yard tomorrow, here are a few helpful tips for you and your four-legged fur person:
- Make sure your dog is a social butterfly. If your dog doesn’t do well around other canines, it’s probably not the event for them. Use good judgment.
- Watch the weather. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny and 72 (yay!) but keep an eye on the radar just in case.
- Bring a blanket or chair. Dog Day participants are only allowed in the grassy berm area behind right field so bring a blanket or folding chair to park your behind.
- Bring extra water. Water is usually provided but it’s always a good idea to bring your own in a reusable container.
- Stash the treats. Unless you want your pooch begging another fan for their hot dog or peanuts, bring some munchies just for them.
- Spread the word. Let all your friends know how much fun you and your pup are having at the game! Post photos and updates on Facebook and Twitter throughout the game. (Hint: use #bisons or @buffalobisons on Twitter to tag)
If you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, there is still time to do so online at bisons.com. Also, follow the Bisons on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and their blog, The Dish.
I hope everyone enjoys this furry festivity and see you all there!